Multiple signature support

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Hi,

We are maintaining collection of clipper based applications for information flow control. We are planning flow for approval and signing the document and needed the utility just like this

Your utility is neat work. I used the utility without any problem (Got some demo digital signatures from https://ca.signfiles.com/userEnroll.aspx)

One thing I found about this utility is it can apply only one signature to input file. If we try to apply signature on a document at multiple stages it gives error as below

"pdfsign: The field Signature already exists."

The document some times need to be signed by more then one person.

I am not a C programmer so I can not add to it using your source code but this is just a suggestion

Thanks

Keep up the good work

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2011 at 10:19 AM
khervawala wrote:

One thing I found about this utility is it can apply only one signature to input file. If we try to apply signature on a document at multiple stages it gives error as below

"pdfsign: The field Signature already exists."

Hi,

Thanks for the input. Please see version 1.1 available for download now. Multiple signatures should now work. For a large number of signatures you'll probably want to turn off visibility of the signature objects; for just a few signatures pdfsign will automatically position the signature objects in a grid at the bottom of the page.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Excellent tool. 

Does this tool provide any return value after executing? For example: If the certificate file which is passed as the parameter does not exists or the password provided does not match etc.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Hi,

Ø Excellent tool.

Ø Does this tool provide any return value after executing? For example: If the certificate file which is passed as the parameter does not exists or the password provided does not match etc.

Thanks for your feedback.

The tool exits with return value 0 on success and returns a negative value on error.

Currently there's just two error codes: -1 for problems with the parameters (required parameter missing, specified file not found) and -2 for exceptions during processing (bad file format, password doesn't match, input not a pdf file..)

While there is an error message indicating which problem occurred  it’s not possible to tell what exactly went wrong based on the return value.

Bye, Martin

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 27, 2011 at 5:45 AM
Hi Mabene,

Thanks for your prompt response.

>>Is the general code sufficient for you or would your use case require separate return codes for different errors?

I require atleast two separate error code. One each for Password mismatch and certificate did not match/missing.
Is it possible?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM, mabene <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Ø Excellent tool.

Ø Does this tool provide any return value after executing? For example: If the certificate file which is passed as the parameter does not exists or the password provided does not match etc.

The tool exits with return value 0 on success and returns -2 on error. While there is an error message indicating which problem occurred there is currently just the one error code so it’s not possible to tell what went wrong based on the return value.

Is the general code sufficient for you or would your use case require separate return codes for different errors?

Bye, Martin

No Disclaimer.icomedias

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pdfsign@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pdfsign@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Kind Regards,

Jagan

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Hi,

With current version (1.1.1) you get much more detailed return codes than with previous versions.

Currently

certificate not specified on commandline and

certificate not found will both return -1 (bad command line options)

These could be made more specific so it would be possible to have explicit codes for

· Certificate parameter missing

· Certficate file not found

· Certificate file not readable

A bad password or bad/invalid/improperly formatted certificate will both return -2 (Error processing certificate). Unfortunately, I don’t get more specific info from the underlying itextsharp library, so separating these error conditions is not easy.

Let me know if the added details as described for parameter processing would be helpful for you.

Bye, Martin

Von: jagan72 [email removed]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2011 07:46
An: Martin Bene
Betreff: Re: Multiple signature support [pdfsign:269792]

Hi Mabene,

Thanks for your prompt response.

>>Is the general code sufficient for you or would your use case require separate return codes for different errors?

I require atleast two separate error code. One each for Password mismatch and certificate did not match/missing.

Is it possible?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM, mabene <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Ø Excellent tool.

The tool exits with return value 0 on success and returns -2 on error. While there is an error message indicating which problem occurred there is currently just the one error code so it’s not possible to tell what went wrong based on the return value.

Is the general code sufficient for you or would your use case require separate return codes for different errors?

Bye, Martin

No Disclaimer.icomedias

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pdfsign@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pdfsign@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--

Kind Regards,

Jagan